A year off and a lifetime ahead...

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mystery of the lack of french fatness...

I'm not saying all the French are skinny bitches (my mother's personal quote) but the bulk of them are a tad too waif'ish for all those croissant and pounds of butter they're packing away. They have the highest rate of butter consumption in the country and most of them have those waists. WTF?

So despite all the rich food and the lack of obvious gyms that don't double as Saunas all over Paris here's another top ten reasons why the French are so thin despite all odds:

10) Being overweight is so American
9) All that butter is ACTUAL butter and not the processed crap we have at home
8) A pastry at breakfast and then nothing else till a rich creamy dinner
7) That IS my appetizer right ... oh ... that's an entree?
6) Chain smoking party of deux ... that'll stop the cravings
5) "Everyone's stopped eating since zero became the new two and two the new four."
"I'm a six"
"Ah, the new fourteen."
~Nigel to Andrea on their first lunch date, Devil Wears Prada
4) They’re less mobile in traffic by scooter if they’re heavy
3) Running to dodge a cab or scooter coming right at you while crossing the street
2) Something about being drunk all day burns carbs faster

1) If you climbed this fucker once a week you are set for cardio for the month alone.

So yeah. I know I haven’t been posting but I figured it was best for me to (not to quote Sex and the City) “not just live a life to write about for other people but to actually LIVE my life for me.” Thus I’ve been taking notes of all the fun stuff so things will get posted by day, some two days at a time … some more. Maybe entire cities lumped together.

Regardless, tonight is my last night in Paris and I really am sad but don’t think I could have been more satisfied with the trip. I did Paris in a unique way that most Americans wouldn’t (and couldn’t) even DREAM of doing. I hop you guys enjoy the adventures to come J